Question of this week:
Hi, Anna! I would like to know the answer to the following question: how to fight dehydrated skin?
Approximately a year ago, maybe more, I had the same problem: skin dehydration. My skin looked pretty bad and one day I got scared when I saw myself in the mirror because it was full with little wrinkles. They were all there due to quite severe skin dehydration. Because I’ve always had problem skin, that was my main focus when choosing skin care products and I never even thought of hydrating my skin. So over the years, my skin turned from oily to combination/oily to combination/normal and then to dehydrated…Let me tell you what helped me. You do have to make sure you will do it alltogether, otherwise it will make no sense:
- Start taking omega 3 fatty acids, 1000 mg a day. They will help you fight this problem from the inside which is essential.
- Attack fish – it contains a lot of fatty acids too. If you lack them your skin will look dry and dull.
- Drink 1,5 – 2 litres of water a day. You’ll see the difference immediately!
- Now what refers to skincare. The first and the most important stuff: stop using all the agressive products immediately! All the toners, masks, creams, cleansing gels that contain acids and/or alcohol – don’t use them! They will only make your problem worse.
- Hydration is very important: I know many hydrating creams just feel like water for your skin when it is dehydrated. I like French skin care brands: the brands like Avene and La Roche Posay have a lot of nice hydrating products. For example, Avene Hydrance Optimale Riche, La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche, La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche, La Roche Posay Hydreane Extra Riche.
- Also start using products that are made especially for dehydrated skin: my favorite is Bioderma Hydrabio Toner.
- If everything that I listed before doens’t seem to help after some time you can go for a radical solution. There is a procedure called biorevitalization – a kind of mesotherapy. Don’t worry, it’s nothing like botox. Basically, it is a series of hydrating injections into your skin. The important thing is here is to find a good professional and make a series of at least 3 treatments.
I hope this helps!
You can ask your question by clicking on the ‘Ask Me’ button in the menu or you can follow this link.