Mason Pearson brush is seriously amazing! I love it every day even more. It's super gentle for my hair and makes it look so good, sleek and shiny! I recommend it to everyone!
“What did you get for Christmas?” – “Hair brush!”
I agree, it sounds a bit…weird. But it’s not just a brush. It’s THE brush. Seriously, I’ve read so many positive reviews on it and still couldn’t believe that a hair brush can be this amazing. But oh yes it can!
Frankly, I am nog a big expert in hair brushes. I never knew how to choose a good one, how to check bristles, why there are so many different shapes and hair styling with a brush is still an horror for me. So I’ve had my doubts for a really long time whether it was worth its money. Oh yes it definitely is worth every single penny!
The packaging is a nice retro carton box. Mason Pearson – is an old English brush making company, created by Mason Pearson in the mid 19th century. These are the real brushes of huge quality! They will serve you through your whole life, at least that’s what many reviews said! And if it’s treated properly.
The most popular Mason Pearson brush model is of course Junior. That’s the one you should choose if you have normal hair, without any problems.
How to choose a perfect Mason Pearson Brush model?
First, you should choose the material:
- Bristle tufts, for fine to normal hair
- Mix of bristle and nylon tufts for normal to thick or long hair
- Nylon tufts for thick or wiry hair
Then you can choose from different sizes and shapes:
- Standard brushes (with handle) Large, the biggest size, perfect for ladies with lots of hair or very long hair
- Standard brush Medium, a bit smaller one, for medium length hair
- Standard brush Handy, even smaller one, for short to medium hair
- Standard brush Pocket, a pocket size brush
- Standard brush Sensitive, for sensitive scalp and very fine to thinning hair
- Military brush (without handle) Large, bigger one
- Military brush Medium, middle size
- Child brushes
You can also choose the colour of your brush (black, white, blue and pink).
As I have very thin hair my husband chose Mason Pearson Sensitive brush for me in Handy size. And of course it is pink! :) This model is also called Mason Pearson SB3, it’s made entirely from bristle tufts.
The set includes:
- the brush itself
- carton box
- recommendations for care
- special cleansing brush
It’s better if you keep your brush in some place without dust. I keep it in a small bag. Otherwise it will attract a lot of dust and you’ll have to clean it a lot more often.
Handy seems like the best size to me. It’s not too big or chunky, I can easily manipulate it and it doesn’t take too much place.
Bristle tufts a bit closer:
Mason Pearson brush: my opinion
- Where to Buy:
[button style=’primary’ url=’http://www.escentual.com/mason-pearson-brushes/’ target=’_blank’ icon=’entypo-basket’]Escentual[/button]
(UK delivery: £1.95; free on orders over £30; rest of the world: £4.95).